Last update August 10, 2017

Amnesty Day 2017

If you received a letter on green paper from Elbert Child Support Services and the Court regarding Amnesty Day, you qualify for this event on August 30, 2017 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  Should you have further questions, please contact Brandi Snelling with Child Support Services at 303-621-3203. 

Beginning August 7th Road & Bridge will be closing CR 174 for a road rebuild project. The closure will run 4885 feet from Taos Trail to Saddle Horn Drive on County Road 174 (see map, the red highlighted area). A detour will be established through Sun Country (see map, the green highlighted area). The road closure on CR 174 will be in effect from August 7th to August 17th.

Elbert County Water Supply Study Workshop #3
August 29, 2017 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Ag Building, Elbert County Fairgrounds
95 Ute Avenue
Kiowa, CO 80117

The County Commissioners recognize that the condition of our roads and necessary improvements are very important to our citizens.  Over the past two months they have published letters regarding this subject in the Prairie Times.  

The first letter focused on the notable contrast in condition and funding of our roadways and those in our neighboring counties. The following month they discussed the actions we are taking to determine what our total county-wide requirements are.   Those letters are provided here for your information. 

Part 1 of 3   
Part 2 of 3

In this month's edition of the Prairie Times, the Commissioners lay out their plans to prioritize and seek funding for our road needs over the coming years.  This final letter will be posted here once published.  County leadership plans to continue providing information on this and other topics important to our citizens.

Road Update

Road & Bridge plans to continue asphalt patching throughout the summer - work has completed on CR45. Our team is currently working on Elbert Road South of the town of Elbert in preparation of chip seal surfacing. Work will be prioritized per the pavement assessment (see 2017 Pavement Condition Survey below).

Did you know_trans
Chip seal is defined as a pavement surface treatment that combines one or more layer(s) of asphalt with one or more layer(s) of fine aggregate. In the United States, chip seals are typically used on rural roads carrying lower traffic volumes.

Did you know_trans
Podcast from Scientific American - What Causes Washboard Roads?

County Purchasing Info is available under "Online Services - Purchasing Info"

or Register for County purchasing notices here

2017 Pavement Condition Survey

Presentation to Board on 6/14/17
available via YouTube Channel

Elbert County YouTube Channel

Elbert County Meetings are available on our YouTube Channel.