BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Schedule Board of Adjustment Meetings:
September 8, 2016
The Board of Adjustment (BoA) hears and decides on issues of physical variances related to the county zoning code. Variance requests may include changes to dimensions, structural location, bulk limitations, setbacks or other development requirements.
In Elbert County the Powers and Duties are as follows:
To hear and act upon request for a variance to the:
1. Minimum area of lot
2. Minimum width of lot
3. Maximum height of structures and fences
4. Minimum front yard (a.k.a. setbacks)
5. Minimum side yard (a.k.a. setbacks)
6. Minimum rear yard (a.k.a. setbacks)
7. Minimum off-street parking requirements and/or
8. Such variances as may be deemed necessary by the Board of County Commissioners where, by reason of exceptional shape, size, topography of the lot, condition of the building or land, practical difficulty or unnecessary hardship would result the owner of said property from a strict application or enforcement of the Elbert County Zoning Regulations.
An affirmative vote of the BoA requires a concurring vote of four (4) members.
The Board consists of five (5) voting members and two (2) associate members who vote on a rotating basis. Voting members and associates are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners for three-year terms. The terms of office are staggered so that at least one (1) member's term will expire each year.
Elbert County Zoning Regulations: Board of Adjustment
Colorado Revised State Statute: Board of Adjustment/County Government - C.R.S. 30-28-117 (2013)
Colorado Revised State Statute: Appeals to Board of Adjustment - C.R.S. 30-28-118 (2013)
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category