DUE TO LAST MINTUE AND UNFORESEEN EMERGENCIES -- THERE WILL BE NO BUILDING INSPECTIONS ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12th.
WE ARE ALSO UNABLE TO GET TO THE PHONES for much of the day on the 12th.
PLEASE EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have or leave a message. Your calls will be returned as soon as we can.
THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT HAS MOVED TO THE TOP FLOOR OF THE COUNTY BUILDING. IT IS THE FIRST DOOR ON YOUR LEFT AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS & THE FIRST DESK ON YOUR LEFT.
BEFORE HIRING A CONTRACTOR: IMPORTANT
VERY IMPORTANT: ALL PERMITS THAT REQUIRE PLAN REVIEW MUST INCLUDE A COMPLETE HARD COPY/PAPER APPLICATION SET AS WELL AS A COMPLETE IDENTICAL ELECTRONIC SET. APPLICATIONS THAT REQUIRE PLAN REVIEW INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: DECKS, SHEDS, PATIO COVERS, BASEMENT FINISHES, PATIO ENCLOSURES AND ADDITIONS.
Beginning April 1, 2014 ALL submittals for building permits must include the following to be considered COMPLETE:
1. Completed, Signed Application + all associated documents within that permit packet
* See links below for packets
* All portions of the application must be filled out including an email address.
2. TWO (2) Complete Set of Blue Prints/Drawings on paper
* One will be submitted to the Elbert County Assessor one will be returned to you with corrections.
3. ONE (1) engineered foundation design -- MUST BE WET STAMPED (as applicable)
4. Soils test -- MUST BE WET STAMPED (as applicable)
5. TWO (2) Copies of Building Permit Site plan -- Site Plan Guide Lines (APPLICATIONS WILL BE RETURNED IF SITE PLAN IS INADEQUATE AND DOES NOT HAVE ALL REQUIRED ELEMENTS. All site plans must follow these guidelines).
6. Current copy of deed for property
7. Current statement of taxes for property (must be no older than 30 days)
8. A single CD/DVD or flash/thumb drive will items 1 through 6 copied to it in electronic format.
Any submittal that does not include a complete hard paper copy application set and an identical complete electronic copy will not be accepted, reviewed or considered.
HOW TO "DIGITIZE" YOUR APPLICATION PACKET (Using an office-supply store/business center)
ALL OVER THE COUNTER PERMITS THAT ARE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL MUST INCLUDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM. WE ARE UNABLE TO PROCESS THEM WITHOUT THE EMAIL ADDRESS INCLUDED AND WRITTEN LEGIBLY ON THE FORM. TO AVOID DELAYS, PLEASE FILL OUT FORM COMPLETELY.
To Pay Your Permit Fees Online (for over the counter permits only):
Please fax (303-621-3165) or e-mail (email@example.com) your completed permit application.
As soon as your permit application is processed you will receive an email with a permit number and permit fee.
The email will contain complete instructions for payment online.
FOR OVER THE COUNTER PERMITS ONLY -- NO OTHER PERMIT REQUIRING PLAN REVIEW CAN BE PROCESSED THIS WAY
Building Permit Application Forms
We are in the process of updating ALL of our permit forms but some of the contact information on them is no longer current. If you have ANY questions regarding building please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or call 303.621.3135.
Building permits are valid for ONE YEAR. A single one-hundred and eighty (180) day extension request may be submitted (see form below) and must be done using this form. Should the project not be complete by the new expiration date, new permits may have to be obtained and/or special arrangements be made to complete the project.
We NO LONGER have an inspection phone line -- all inspections are done through the website: Building Inspection Request
PERMIT APPLICATION PACKETS AND FORMS
Addition Permit Application
Commercial Building Permit Application Packet
- Commercial Plan Review & Inspection Fee Agreement/Disclosure
Disclosure Statement (Used for non-owner to gain permission from land owner to submit applications)