COMMUNITY & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
**NEW LAND USE APPLICATIONS**
As of April 2018 all pre-application and land use applications have been revised and updated. There is now a single pre-application form, a single land development application form, and a new Fire Protection and Safety Agreement Form. Please see here for more information.
As of January 7, 2019, all applications can only be submitted on Mondays between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M. Note: January 21 and May 27 are holidays observed by Elbert County, applications following those schedules will be accepted the following day (i.e., Tuesday, January 22 and May 28) at the normal application hours of 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
2019 Deadline Schedule
CURRENT PROJECTS OF INTEREST
Draft Subdivision Regulations: (Clean) (Redline)
Draft Zoning Regulations: (Clean) (Redline)
Draft Economic Development Zone (EDZ) Overlay
- Comprehensive Plan adopted April 10, 2018
Specific plans, policies, regulations and standards that guide CDS’s activities are established by the Board of Commissioners, with recommendation by the Planning Commission.
Elbert County is "zoned and regulated." The Planning Department processes all requests to Re-Zone, Subdivide or conduct Special Use by Review requests on property in Elbert County. All properties in Elbert County must have appropriate zoning and/or subdivision approval, prior to development occurring or building permits being issued. No parcel may be legally created smaller than 35 acres without going through a subdivision process.
We strive to provide complete information and a timely response to all requests and applications. We always welcome your feedback on how we can improve our service to you. Please let us know.
Our Mission is to provide quality service in a knowledgeable, informative and courteous manner to our customers.
- Ensuring that land uses within the county are developed and maintained in compliance with the county's adopted codes and regulations.
- Overseeing permit reviews for most land uses.
- Issuing special use permits, land use change permits, and a variety of other more specialized permits.
- Provide professional consulting, support, coordination and regulation development services to the county to create a prosperous, productive and healthy community.