APPLICATIONS WITHOUT EMAIL ADDRESSES CANNOT BE PROCESSED
* Elbert County Requires No Contractor Licensing *
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PERMIT PROCESSING
Fax (303-621-3165) or e-mail your completed application to: email@example.com.
Your application will be processed and instructions for payment will be emailed to you.
YOU MUST make sure to include your email address on the permit application. When your payment is received your permit will be issued by email.
Link to Inspection Request (no mid-roof required - final only)
* Please be aware the re-roofing inspections are generally about 2-4 weeks out as of June 29, 2015. As the numbers of permits increase that time may increase.
RE-ROOF REQUIREMENTS: ELBERT COUNTY
Per the 2006 International Codes which have been adopted by Elbert County, the following will be required on all new roofs and re-roofs done in Elbert County:
1. Complete tear off down to roof deck.
2. Ice and Water shield at eaves 24” inside house wall.
3. Ice and water shield at eaves 24” inside wall on all attached garages, heated buildings and any building with habitable space.
4. Drip edge at eaves and rakes.
5. 90 pound felt in valleys or valley metal.
6. Step flashing at all vertical walls, chimneys, skylights etc.
7. One (1) square foot of vent required for every 300 square feet of area with 50-80% of the venting in the upper portion of the roof.
8. All shingles and other roofing materials must meet the 90MPH design wind speed for Elbert County. No shingles will be allowed that do not meet this criteria. All shingles must be nailed and installed for a high wind area (6 nails per shingle).
9. Overlay of metal roofing may be allowed on a case-by-case basis ONLY.