Elbert County Health Department regulates all individual sewage disposal systems (ISDS) within the county in accordance to The Individual Sewage Disposal Act, C.R.S. §25-10-10a to ensure the proper installation and use of septic systems.
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment – OTWS
♦ Complete System $973.00 ♦ Tank Only $250.00 /Field Only $250.00 ♦ Tank and Field $500.00 ♦ Re-Inspection Fee $100.00 ♦ All Other Alterations $100.00 ♦ Use Permit $100.00 ♦ Six to Twelve Month Extension $250.00
Please note: New septic and tank/field inspections and permits will be completed within 7 - 10 business days. All use permits will be completed within 5 - 7 business days. All payments are Non-Refundable. New permits are valid for one year only. Repair permits are valid for 30 days after issuance.
Requirements for Septic Inspection and Approval:
2. Soil test and permit fee must be provided at the time of application.
3. Septic As-built map is required for new tanks, fields or complete systems. Maps must be drawn to scale with a north arrow indicated. System will NOT be approved for use until the "As-built" is received.
4. Lot must be marked and perk holes marked properly.
5. Installer must be currently licensed in Elbert County.
6. Site visit must be conducted.
7. Soils data will be reviewed and system will be properly sized.
8. All systems/installations must be inspected by this department. Engineer designed systems will be reviewed.
2014 ISDS Regulations
If you need to download a Septic Permit Application, please go to the 'Forms' tab on the home page or click on this link: Septic Inspection Application Form. There are also other forms such as the inspection form and Application for Septic Installer License, on the 'Forms' tab.