Steps In Registering a Vehicle From Out of State
When Re-Registering a Vehicle From Out of State, the Following Paperwork is Required:
- A registration not more than 6 months expired (original)
- Leased vehicle-registration must show lessor (owner) and lessee, or provide a lease agreement.
- Lessor's name, address and lease date will be needed.
- If out of state title is not surrendered, a Colorado title cannot be issued.
- Lien holder's name and address if applicable.
- Purchase date
- Verification of the vehicle identification number, Form DR2087
- Available through any emission station upon request, Colorado dealer or law enforcement officer.
- If you own a non-titled vehicle or coming from foreign country, please see a clerk for a complete checklist. Certified VIN inspection required.
- Certified empty weigh slip must be submitted for truck weights between 4,500 lbs. and 10,000 lbs. and for a motor home.
- If the empty weight is listed on the registration or title, weight slip is not required.
- Proof of Insurance is required prior to registration on tax Class C (passenger cars, motorcycles, motor homes and buses) and Class B (light trucks and recreational trucks).