Important Renewal Facts
Renewals may be completed the month prior, the renewal month and the following month based on the month tab on your license plate. The month after your tab expires is your grace period, after that month a late fee will be imposed. The late fee is $25 for every month past the grace period, up to $100.
To renew online you will need:
- Current vehicle registration or renewal card
- Credit card or checking account information
- A valid email address
Visit the myDMV website to complete your online renewal.
Submitting Renewal by Mail
- Place payment, renewal card and copy of proof of insurance (if required) in an envelope and mail to:
Elbert County Clerk
P.O. Box 37
Kiowa, CO 80117
- Checks should be made payable to Elbert County Clerk and a plate number should be included on the check as well
- Must be received in the office, not postmarked by last business day of the month
- If moving from another county, bring proof of residency and current registration into the office to change address and renew; this cannot be done over the phone or by email