Elbert County is working with Colorado State agencies, the federal government, and local stakeholders to make sure our residents are supported during COVID-19. On this page, we have provided some links to help you stay informed.
If you have questions or need help, please call COHELP at 877-462-2911, or email the Elbert County Public Information Officer.
We are happy to announce that COVID-19 antigen testing now available at ECPH
Elbert County Public Health is now offering free BinaxNOW COVID-19 antigen testing for the public. This test has received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for rapid results without the need to ship samples to a lab or for a prescription from a healthcare provider. The test can be performed on children as young as 2 years old. Test results are available in approximately 15 minutes. BinaxNOW is capable of detecting multiple COVID-19 strains, including the Delta variant. Frequent testing (known as serial testing) may detect COVID-19 more quickly and reduce the spread of infection. This resource may be a convenient option for workers with heightened exposure, including healthcare personnel, educators, people that work in frontline service industry roles, and others. **Please note this test an antigen test, not a PCR rapid test. This test is NOT a valid testing option for return to work/school or travel.
To schedule an appointment for testing, please visit bit.ly/ECPH_COVIDtesting.
Tests will be administered at ECPH, located at 75 Ute Avenue in Kiowa (on the Elbert County Fairgrounds). Upon arrival, please remain in your vehicle and call (303) 621-3170 to let us know you are here. A nurse will come out to your vehicle and administer the test.
Vaccination Resources for Elbert County Residents
Healthcare providers in Colorado who are administering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine can now vaccinate any Coloradan age 12 and up who wants the vaccine. Minors under the age of 18 who wish to receive a COVID-19 vaccine need parental consent. Parents do not need to be present for the vaccination as long as consent is documented, but they should check with the vaccine provider to confirm. The state’s vaccine provider map includes information on which vaccine each location is administering. All of the state’s Community Vaccination Sites offer the Pfizer vaccine, and most do not require an appointment. The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines continue to be available only to adults 18 years of age and older.
Elimination of State COVID-19 Dial Restrictions
Though COVID-19 remains an issue of concern, the ongoing state restrictions on gatherings, business operations and individual activities expired at midnight on April 15, 2021. Elbert County’s Board of Health (Board of County Commissioners) and our Public Health Department will not impose any local restrictions in their place.
Not Feeling Well?
Report your symptoms at the Online Symptom Checker.
Nearby testing sites include:
- Echo Park Stadium: 11901 Newlin Gulch Boulevard, Parker. Schedule an appointment at https://www.primarybio.com/l/cdphe
- Cherry Creek School District Instruction Support Facility: 5416 S. Riviera Way, Aurora. Schedule an appointment at https://www.primarybio.com/l/cdphe
- Bennett Community Center: 1100 E. Colfax Avenue, Bennett. Schedule an appointment at https://www.primarybio.com/l/cdphe
- The Little Clinic (Located in King Soopers): 12959 S Parker Rd, Parker. Schedule an appointment at https://www.thelittleclinic.com/clinic-details/852/00109?cid=loc_85200109tlc_gmb
CO State Resources
- COVID.Colorado.gov: Colorado's COVID-19 information website, including the Governor's orders, and public health data regarding Elbert County's COVID-19 cases. You can also call 303-389-1687 or 877-462-2911, or email COHELP for answers in English, Spanish, Mandarin and more.
- Do you need assistance with food, housing, or other immediate needs? Dial 211, visit the 211 Colorado website, or text your zip code to 898-211.
- If anxiety or worry is interfering with everyday functioning during these stressful times, consider speaking with a counselor: call the Colorado Crisis Services hotline at 1-844-493-8255, text “talk” to 38255, or visit the Colorado Crisis Services website.
- Energize Colorado is a project of the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center and is a clearinghouse for COVID-19 resources, including financial support, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), business guidance, and mental health resources. For more information visit the Energize Colorado website.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Find the latest information and recommendations from the federal government by visiting the CDC website.
- View the Elbert County Press Releases to find local COVID-19 related information.
- Board of County Commission meetings will be held online, learn more by viewing the posted Agendas and Minutes.
- Need to do business with the County? View the Services section and see what you can do remotely.
- Colorado Farm and Food Systems Respond and Rebuild Fund: Grants for producers, processors, and intermediaries affected by COVID-19
- Elbert County COVID-19 Business Relief Grant Program Application Round 2 (Revised October 19, 2020) (PDF)
- Elbert County COVID-19 Nonprofit Assistance Grant Program Application Round 2 (Revised October 19, 2020) (PDF)
- Tenant and Landlord Assistance through Colorado Department of Local Affairs (PDF)
- Tri-County Health Department COVID-19 Case Reporting for Elbert County
- Tri-County Health Department COVID-19 Dashboard for Adams, Arapahoe and Douglas Counties
- Elbert County Request for Partial Relief - May 4, 2020 (PDF)
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) response - May 23, 2020 (PDF)
- Elbert County Supplemental Information for CDPHE Variance Request - May 26, 2020
- CDPHE Waiver Approval Letter - May 29, 2020 (PDF)
- CDPHE COVID-19 Workplace Outbreak Guidance - July 2020 (PDF)
- 5-Star Restaurant Certification Application
- COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ - Dec. 28, 2020 (PDF)