Elbert County is working with Colorado State agencies, the federal government, and local stakeholders to make sure our residents are supported during COVID-19. On this page, we have provided some links to help you stay informed.
If you have questions or need help, please call COHELP at 877-462-2911, or email the Elbert County Public Information Officer.
COVID-19 testing options
RAPID ANTIGEN TESTING
Elbert County Public Health is now offering free BinaxNOW COVID-19 antigen testing for the public. This test has received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for rapid results without the need to ship samples to a lab or for a prescription from a healthcare provider. The test can be performed on children as young as 2 years old.
Tests will be administered at the Health Department, located at 75 Ute Avenue in Kiowa (on the Elbert County Fairgrounds). Upon arrival, please remain in your vehicle and call (303) 621-3170 to let us know you are here. A nurse will come out to your vehicle and administer the test. Test results are available in approximately 15 minutes. BinaxNOW is capable of detecting multiple COVID-19 strains, including the Delta variant. Frequent testing (known as serial testing) may detect COVID-19 more quickly and reduce the spread of infection. This resource may be a convenient option for workers with heightened exposure, including healthcare personnel, educators, people that work in frontline service industry roles, and others. **Please note this test an antigen test, not a PCR rapid test. This test MAY not be a valid testing option for return to work/school or travel.
Inclement Weather: Please Call the Office Prior to Arriving to Ensure Testing Site Is Open
Please visit this website to order your at-home test kits: https://special.usps.com/testkits
PCR Testing is available, with a fee, at Elbert County Public Health office.
Tested positive/negative, now what do I do?
View this packet on what to do next depending on your test results.
Not Feeling Well?
Check your symptoms at the Online Symptom Checker.
CO State Resources
- Covid 19: Colorado's COVID-19 information website, including the Governor's orders, and public health data regarding Elbert County's COVID-19 cases. You can also call 303-389-1687 or 877-462-2911, or email COHELP for answers in English, Spanish, Mandarin and more.
- Do you need assistance with food, housing, or other immediate needs? Dial 211, visit the 211 Colorado website, or text your zip code to 898-211.
- If anxiety or worry is interfering with everyday functioning during these stressful times, consider speaking with a counselor: call the Colorado Crisis Services hotline at 1-844-493-8255, text “talk” to 38255, or visit the Colorado Crisis Services website.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Find the latest information and recommendations from the federal government by visiting the CDC website.
- View the Elbert County Weekly Health Updates to find local COVID-19 related information.
- Board of County Commission meetings will be held online, learn more by viewing the posted Agendas and Minutes.
- Need to do business with the County? View the Services section and see what you can do remotely.