How do I obtain a “Use Permit”?
  • Have the OWTS inspected by a Certified Use Permit Inspector? These inspectors are independent and do not work for ECPH. Approved inspectors can be located at:
  • Have the inspector complete the ECPH “Use Permit Inspection” 
  • Repair any deficient items found during the inspection; provide verification that those repairs were made.  
  • Submit an “Application for a Use Permit”  to ECPH, pay the permit fee, and provide a copy of the complete inspection report.
  • Use Permits are valid for 6 months.

Show All Answers

1. Why does ECPH have a Use Permit Program?
2. What is a “Use Permit”?
3. What circumstances will require me to obtain or renew my “Use Permit”?
4. Who is required to obtain a “Use Permit”?
5. How do I obtain a “Use Permit”?
6. Who does the inspection and what does the inspector look for?
7. What if the inspector finds problems or deficiencies with the OWTS?
8. What if the inlet or outlet line requires repair?
9. Who can apply for a “Use Permit”?
10. How do I find out information about my OWTS?
11. What if the inspector discovers the OWTS is malfunctioning?
12. What if the OWTS is malfunctioning and the owner is not able to obtain a repair permit and complete the repairs before the sale of a home?
13. What are the next steps after I submit an application for a Use Permit?
14. How long is a Use Permit valid?