Any violation of the regulations contained in the Elbert County Regulations and Ordinances. Common violations include:
- when and if a home occupation is allowed
- excessive junk, rubbish, and debris
- wrecked, inoperable, unregistered vehicles
- the use of RVs
- when and if “tiny houses” are allowed
- the number of horses and pet animals allowed on a parcel
- when and if multiple dwellings are allowed on a parcel
- whether a particular use is allowed in a certain zoning district
- location and usage of signs, etc.
- construction without permit
Some of these issues are complicated and often vary by situation. Please use the links provided below for a general description of some of these issues. You may contact the Planning Department at 303-621-3136 or by email to ask questions regarding your specific situation. You may also call 720-595-3610 and ask for the Zoning Compliance staff.
If there is a violation of the Land Use Code, the Code Compliance staff member will notify the Planning Department and have the owner/tenant seek approval for the use that is not currently allowed. This can sometimes take several months to accomplish.