Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)

 Need help paying for child care?

 Elbert County Child Care Assistance Program helps families  pay for the rising cost of quality child care for infants and children up  to the age 13. Parents/Caretakers must meet eligibility requirements to qualify for the subsidized child care.

 Eligible Persons
         ♦ Biological Parents
         ♦ Blood or Adoptive Relatives
         ♦ Legally Established Guardians
         ♦ Teen Parents (Up to age 21) 

 Eligible Activities:
     ♦ Employment
         ♦ Job Search up to 13 weeks each year
         ♦ G.E.D., High School Diploma, English as a Second Language
         ♦ 12 months post secondary education up to 1st Bachelor's Degree
         ♦ Colorado Works/TANF approved work activities

Cooperation with Child Support

Pursuant to Section 26-13-106(2), C.R.S, anyone applying for the Child Care Assistance Program must cooperate with the  Child Support Unit. At the intake process, you will be given an application for child support services. The Child Support Unit assists with establishing paternity, support and retro-active support. If you already have an active court order for child support through a Divorce Decree, Allocation of Parental Responsibilities or Support Order, it will be enforced through the agency. 

To learn more about the program or how to apply, contact:

Darcy Bolding, Assistance Programs Supervisor
(303) 621-3195
75 Ute Ave./ PO Box 924
Kiowa, CO 80117

Child care application

Child care verification list

For more information on the Child Care Assistance Program, go to